1. Click on the Apple at the top of the screen. Scroll down and click on System Preferences.
2. Once System Preferences loads up, click on the Network button.
3. Double click on Internal Modem.
4. In the Service Provider box enter Actrix. In the Account Name box, enter your Actrix username. In the Password box, enter your Actrix password. In the Telephone Number, enter 086722874. If the Save Password box is ticked, you wont have to re-enter your password each time you connect. Once completed, click on Apply Now to save the settings.
5. If you click on PPP Options on the previous screen, the following box will pop up. If you place a tick in Connect automatically when needed, your Mac will dial-up to the Internet when it needs to establish a connection. Once you have done that, click OK. (optional)
6. Click on Modem. From this screen, you can configure your Mac so that you can dial on demand, rather than allowing it to dial up automatically. If there is a tick in Show modem status in menu bar you will see a telephone icon in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
7. If you click on the phone icon in the menu bar in the top right of the screen, a drop down menu will pop up. Clicking Connect will bring up a dial-up connection and will allow you to connect.