Follow the steps below to configure Secure SMTP for Outlook XP.
1. Open Outlook. Click on Tools and then E-mail accounts.
2. Put the dot in View or change existing e-mail account and click Next.
3. Highlight the e-mail account that you wish to change and click on the Change button on the right hand side.
4. Click on More Settings.
5. Click on the Outgoing Server tab at the top of the window.
6. Put a tick in My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Then click on the Advanced tab at the top.
7.Put a tick in the box labeled This server requires an encryptedconnection (SSL) underneath Outgoing server (SMTP). Change the Outgoingsever (SMTP) number to 465. Then click OK.
8. Click on Finish.
9. Next time you attempt to check you e-mail, you will have to accept a security certificate. Click on Yes in this box.
To avoid having to frequently confirm this certificate Click Here for instructions on how to install the Actrix Secure Certificate.